Thursday 26 January 2012

Bad News and more Bad News

The week started of grand. Then on Tuesday I was contacted by my local college that the course I was due to start on that very night (in fact only 3 hours before), a course in beginers pattern drafting had been cancelled. The tutor had let them know she was unable to teach the course and they began phoning round immediately. How annoing. I now have pattern master templates and no idea how to use them. All well, maybe one day I will.

The next bit of bad news is I have injured my hand, pulled tendons in my hand so currently it is in a splint and a sling for a while. So no sewing or knitting for me. Yep I will no doubt drive everyone crazy for a bit until Ican start 'making ' again. But on the up side this gives me chance to chat up on all the bloggs I have missed so far this year.

I hope your year is off to a better start than mine.

Sew Vala x 

3 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear that! makes for a rough start to 2012 for sure :( Are they going to find a new instructor for your course? Hope your hand heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That's a lot of bad news together .... I hope you get better soon and begin the course that began, somehow. All my good energy for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely thoughts ladies. Hopefully the college will find a tutor for next term. I have ordered the following book

    "The Edwardian Modiste: 85 Authentic Patterns with Instructions, Fashion Plates, and Period Sewing Techniques"

    And will be reading and learning from this while my hand heals.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...