Wednesday 30 May 2012

Expo May 2012 part1.

The Joker and Catwoman. I am very pleased with how his costume turned out.

As we live over a hundred miles apart I do not often get the chance to do fittings. I think the jacket is brill. S.H. wanted his costume to be more like the graphic novel character than the film versions. However I should have made the waist coat longer, hence the yellow t-shirt.

(image from comicsandmediawiki.com)

This was the pattern I used McCalls 6143. We found the trousers in a charity shop and could not believe our luck. I have not tried to make trousers yet and so was a tad nervous on that part. Next we had to try and find some fabric that matched, as you see we again were very lucky and found the perfect match. I made the jacket and dicki which made the whole outfit come together. I was expecting to make the waistcoat and dye a shirt. But overall I think it works.


And lastly,

from a very hot Expo in London, Cheers. Thank you for joining me on my journey. Have a good weekend. Tomorrow I will show you my daughters and my outfits and later tell you more about the day itself.

Sew Vala. x 



 

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...