Thursday 13 October 2011

Good days do happen

Its been over a week since my post, it's been rather a roller coster time for me here. I could feel the beginnings of a downer start to hit, so I tried to get as much done as possible. Which in retrospect I think that may have contributed to my bad past couple of days. But hopefully (well no, lets think possitively here) things are on the up.

So here's to the good things that have gone on recently.

I was offered offered a hugh amount of 'stuff''. 
So glad I accepted the offer, it turns out I now have the most amaizing selection of vintage lace, ribbons, binding, metal zips, buttons and metal press-studs.  I dont think I will need to buy any of these ever again.

Also I have finished the Nepeta coat for my daughters cos-play outfit.

A few of the details I learnt while making the coat.

Overlock the edges before adding the pockets. doh!
the pockets, ( something i have not done before)

a new colar detail, also not done before,





And this was also the first time I have set in sleeves. (I think that's what this method is called. any way it is the first time I have done a sleeve that is not sewn as part of the body.)
Thats a lot of firsts' also this was the first time I have adapted a pattern to such an extent. Here is the orignal
Butterick 5468, And finally here is the finished article,

It's very long and big all over 'thats what it should be' says my daughter. I am happy with how it has turned out and the new techniques I learnt. But most importantly the little lady who it is for loves it. And thats what it is all about. So thats the hat made, and the coat, now we can start the tail, shoes bought, trousers bought and t-shirt waiting to be printed. cos-play expo here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...