Saturday 1 October 2011

A most horrible week

Well what a week it's been.
Taking last Saturday as a starting point, it was my nephews wedding. The kids, (ok not kids, 17 and 20 can hardly be described as kids) decided to stay home and not party. Myself and Mr S set of from Wiltshire to land in Greater Machester some 8 hours later, this journey should normally take no more than 4. So straight to the hotel, shower and turn up some what fashionally very late for the remainder of the reception.

Which was absolutly fabulous. I don't get to see my family very often and it was a perfect time to introduce Mr S to the rest of the family.

Is this the coolest wedding cake ever.

My newphew may be a Sweeney, but he still has what we call the Shaw gene, hence the groom standing on the yellow pages. Aint that the cutest thing.

In the morning we returned from breakfast to get ready for a few family visits to find my phone full of messages. A water pipe in the front garden had burst. Ok, so no visits but setting straight off on the return journey, with Mr S and my eldest daughter on the phone trying to find a plumber who will deal with underground work and on a Sunday, the water board, and angry neighbours.

We return 7 hours later, pipe bypassed for return and repair on the following day. Whew that girl deserves a gold medal for all the things she had to deal with.

The rest of the week hasn't been great ether.
I broke the feed dogs on my machine. So off to find another, I chose one of the old machines currently stored under my bed.

I first thought I would give the Riccar a try, only to discover, it has no lead. I was obversly paying alot of attention when I bought this.

So time to try out one of the old Singers

Tried it on scrap and it worked beautifully steady smooth very neat stiches. Very impressed was I. Until the bobbin ran out then I found the bobbin winding mechanism would not turn, read the manual, found screwdriver. blah blah, still no joy. So back upstairs she went, no way was I bringing the other baby down, Man they are heavy!

Time to dig out my first machine, its a Toyota, but we call her Tesco,
It didn't take long before I remembered why she was in retirement. Very dogy speed control and not able to get attachments, so unable to do button holes but between her and finally taking my overlocker out of the box she has been in for several years never used, I managed to make Loud shirt number 4.

Now needing to do buttonholes has meant I have dragged out The Beast, so named because she is extreamlly heavy and not portable at all.

The all singing all dancing Janome Memmory Craft 11000. Cool eh, well not if I can't find the intsructions. I have figured out the computer bit how to do a button hole but can I figure out the most simple task of how to remove the current foot and attach the button hole foot. Nooooo, So just about now I am feeling pretty useless.

And to top off this moan of a horrible week, My daughters laptop came back, it went away due to software problems, keep freezing. They returned it Thursday as promised with a note 'we have replaced the hard-drive and the key board' excellent she was very happy. Less than 2 miniutes later not so much, the damn keyboard dosn't work. Arrrrrrggggg. So it was collected again this morning.

So what's a girl to do, (for someone who suffers from the bad kind of depression, I have discovered for me, being a 'doer' helps a great deal).  I need to 'do' when I am unable to control things happening around me, my last resort is furnture moving. As soon as the kids hear the scrapping noise of furnture they scarper. Unfortunally due to the ongoing building work, everything is piled high and I am not able to move anything. My youngest will soon be up and asking for this laptop so no browsing for me.

Well theres only one thing for it, it must be ether off to the fabric shops or shoe shopping. I hope your week has been better than mine.

So long you lovely people. Sew Vala xx

1 comment:

  1. wow. I've had weeks like that. hope this week is much better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...