Thursday 19 May 2011

The shape of things to come

I have been trying to update my blog for most of this past week but I have found myself reading all you interesting people out there, there really is so much to learn. It's great how many people are willing to share their knowledge, what a great community this is. I must admit i didn't really understand the blog world but now I am here am I so glad I joined up.

Last time I wrote about my bags currently in progress and here are a few pics of the finished articles.

The '1950's Lucite inspired bag' I used pelmit interfacing to keep the stiffness in the bag shape.



This is one of my favourites, it has a bright orange lining.

And this little cupcake number seems to be the favourite of everyone else. In fact I've had a couple of orders for it already. This bag was the first time I had designed a pattern to fit in a metal purse frame, and I am actually quite proud of it.

The shape of things to come- well I finally restarted on the Dennis jumper. It had been left with 1 sleave and the back, today I started and finished the other sleeve. So far it looks like this,

  I am using Rowan chunky wool, which is lovely and soft and knits up really quickly. I have a niggly feeling that I have bought double the amount of wool than I actually needed, so I think I just may have to knock up a cardy in the red with maybe a black edging.

I have also been working on another design for a metal frame handbag, here is a sneeky peak, its not completely finished yet. But if it goes well and I get a good response about the design, I hope for it to my first pattern for sale in my folksy shop.

  Oh yes folks, I almost forgot to mention I opened a shop on folksy this week. And my that lovely lovely man of mine has been working hard on his little computor and this is what he came up with,

Yeah that little ole me, aint photoshop amasing.


He's coming down to visit this weekend, I am so excited, he has worked very hard for me and what plans do I have in store for him. I am taking him to Quilts UK AT Malvern. After all a girl will need someone strong to carry all those fab purchases of fabric etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...