Tuesday 24 May 2011

Waldybag, 1950's fabric and the perseverance purse.

It's only the begining of the week and i have been a terribly busy gal. Yesterday i was determined to finish a pattern I was working on, it was a kit so I could learn how to make a purse with 3 frames, unfortunally the kit didnt fit so it got left on the back burner a few weeks ago. So yesterday i persisted and tried cutting several different patterns after about the fourth attempt I finally got it.

I choose this fabric I ordered from The Cotton Patch. I think it suits the shape rather well.

And the inside of the purse that has caused much cursing.

Now then this causes me a conundrum. The orignal pattern I got did not fit, so I designed my own. Is the finished product considered to be my work or does it still belong to the original designer. I didnt alter the pattern so much as draw up a new one ?

I have also still been working on my own patterns for other bags, as of yet they are still works in progress.


And since last weeks news of my little shop on folksy. I have been studying up on business, start-ups, insurance and all that jazz. It's actually alot more interesting than it sounds. I have now three stalls in the future and another awaiting confirmation. All systems go here.

I have today received a fansatic bundle of vintage 1950's fabric that I can't wait to get my pin pricked hands working on,

Isn't this just gorgeous,

Hey diddle diddle and Mary Mary, rather cute I think
And no, I wont be using these two fabrics together, but they are lovely.

Now all I have to do is decide what I am going to make with these fab goodies. Many thanks to vintagefabricmarket.blogspot.com for a brillant and quick service. I also found this little beauty


My first Waldybag, (mm, note the 'first' guess that means there will be more.) A vintage 1950's Waldybag, I adore it.
And look it even still has the attached little purse on a chain.

This week hasn't all been about shopping, it's only Tuesday so I hope not.
Last but not least my next project is already cut out for tomorrow's sewing day.
Glorious sunflowers with cream and light green lining. Hopefully I will have the finished project to share with you later in the week.
Happy sewing, take care
Vala. x













No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...