Saturday 28 May 2011

Half terms, Bankholidays and time off.

I have had a fab busy week. I have been working on insurance, and studying business plans, while actually drafting some new patterns. Got the pictures taken and my daughter is typing up the instructions (thanks babe).

I have been using the vintage fabric I blogged about last time both the Mary Mary and the Hey diddle diddle. It felt wrong to be cutting up fabric thats older than I am. But thats why I bought it, to give it a new lease of life and hopefully turn it into something both useful and beautiful. When the patterns are ready for release I will upload the pics.

I also found time to make my daughter a bag and her friend. They are off to Malta this half term, Have fun girls.

My daughter Pollyanna's bag, she choose the skull and crossbones

And Pollyanna choose this fabric for her freind Beth, although I used the same red handles as in Pol's bag.

I am actually taking this weekend off. And have travelled down to my good man's place. Although if time permits I did bring the knitting and hope to do some more on his Dennis jumper.

Next week see's the start on the work of the conservatory which has a leaking roof and has resulted in a crumbling wall. So the conservatory is being knocked down and in it's place will be a new extention, which will be my studio/workroom. Well it kind of is now, in that its jam packed with fabric, jewellery making equipment etc. And i still work at the kitchen table. But by the end of it I hope to have an organized area. The kids will be pleased. As i currently seem to have stuff everywhere (their words not mine).
My lovely man has just cooked dinner and so for this weekend I hope you all have a lovely bankholiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...