Friday 30 September 2011

Late summer Roses Dress, Plain Pattern Project 1

Wow its been over a week since I have had chance to get my hands on the laptop long enough to do more than check emails.
Alot has been done in that time.


 So before I get ahead of myself here is the finished Plain Pattern project dress 1. Hosted by newvintagelady
My choice was
Butterick 6747 from 1953. Which I bought from the lovely Tina at what-i-found.
With fabric chosen to be as close to the pattern image as possible. However after I had constructed most of the dress I realised I should have done a constrasting colar, ah well.

I wanted to do some proper outside pics so me and the lovely Mr S went to Letchworth  Garden City to do the shoot as its has some very cool art deco buildings.


The cinema in Letchworth, How wonderful are those windows.
Showing a bit of leg outside of the town hall, Oh my. I tried to dress with apropiate accessories, vintage gloves and a vintage handbag. Although I have to admit I can only go so far as my obession for wild shoes is always present (Biba shoes, I love you). As for the hair, well it has taken me many many years to accept I have what can only be described as side show bob hair, some days it looks great but mostly it dont. And on this day no way was it going to co-operate.

Ah yes back to the dress the only alteration I did was to the length, being under 5ft meant lots of shortening.

And as I would expect of any dress like this there's always going to be a Marilyn Moment.

On the whole I love this dress , I have already made dress 2, which I wore to my nephews wedding at the weekend. Pictures to follow shortly.

Happy sewing all you lovely people. Sew Vala

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...