Sunday 13 November 2011

Dennis is finished, just in time for winter...

Sorry I have been away from posting for a while. What with moving furniture into the new room, and other general life stuff, its' been rather hetic around here.

But I have managed to use my spare time to finish the Dennis the Mennis jumper. It has been quite a firsts has this for me.

  • The first time I have made a jumper, in an adult size (all my other knitting has been one baby cardigan and several baby blankets)
  • I looked at a few patterns to check tension/amount of stitches etc
  • But designed the jumper myself.
As S.H. lives quite a distance from me I have not been able to fit as I go along. So I am really hoping it will fit but more importantly that he likes it. As soon as he found out I could knit he asked for a Dennis jumper with a big neck.


And here is its' big, baggy, and  got a big neck.

Honestly it is red and black, but camera/computer makes it look pink. Which I'm he would mind, but thats not very Dennis is it.

For those of you who may be unfamilar with the British Dennis the Menace, here he is.


I you wish to know more infomation on this Beano comic book character it can be found over at wikipedia here. He is descibed as 'Dennis is the archetypal badly-behaved schoolboy.'

And just to level things out a bit later they introduced a naughty school, not in any way similar to any St Trinian. The Beano had Mini the Minx

Any way back to the jumper I used Rowan 'big wool', which is 100% merino wool. It was lovely to knit up, so soft. The colours I used

   black and lipstick, which again does look pink (images curtisy of Rowan).

So whats next on the agenda
  • Sew buttons on the victorian steampunk coat
  • make dress no 3 for plain pattern project
  • finish the next loud shirt
mmmm or start something else.

Take care everyone, Sew Vala. x

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous jumper!! Looks perfect for the current weather!!! And did you say steampunk coat??? oh goodie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know that character, but it is very reminiscent of "Dennis the Menace" ... Your needle job is impressive. I love the result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies. Did I mention the jumper took almost a year to complete?
    Debi- as for the steam punk coat, it can be found in this post http://sewvala.blogspot.com/2011/11/hello-im-back-and-down-to-earth-after.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I am so jealous i could never get the hang of knitting. Can you post this at my sewing linky party Saturday It's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sew country chick, I wasn't near a keyboard last weekend (due to another sci fi expo)wpould it be ok to post next week> glad you all like it.

    And the good news is so does he, SH wore it to the expo and again recieved compliments. I don't know whether to feel chuffed he gets complimented everytime he wears something I make, or jelous that he always gets the compliments. Only joking,

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...