Tuesday 1 November 2011

Hello I'm back and down to earth after Expo/comi-con london oct 2011.

After a very very busy few weeks I am finally back. Firstly I would like to welcome all my new followers. Thanks for joining my little blog and I hope you enjoy your time here.

So what have I been up to. Well in my last 2 posts I was shouting out for help on my Steampunk outfit.
I managed to finish the skirt but I knew I would not have enough time to make the jacket as so many modifications would be required and I also had the finishing touches to the Nepeta oufit and make the Coat for Mr S.

I wore my skirt with a black embroiered corset and a vintage red velvet cloak/coat I already owned.
No expo/comi-con would be complete without Stormtroopers.

My daughter was happy with her Nepeta oufit.
She got a lot of compliments and asked for photos.

Mr S also wanted to join the Steampunk vibe so for him I made a victorian coat.

Again I didn't have time to complete it but he still wore it (just needs buttonholes and buttons.) He was also complimented on his attire with much gentleman handshaking.
And of course a loud physadelic lining is also required for any punk, steam or otherwise.

We had a fanstic time and already chosing our outfits for the next event in May 2012. This should give me plenty of time to make finished outfits, I hope.
Love Sew Vala. x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the victorian coat turned out very nice! (I'm also glad I'm not the only one who sends the husband out without buttonholes/buttons sometimes!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...