Thursday 1 March 2012

Second post of the day.

Ok I wanted to separate the two subjects today mainly to put myself into somekind of an organazational mood.

I am a very very unorganized person, usally I work best that way, I can get stressed very easily. Deadlines, time restraits and time management issues just make me shut down.

However the time has come to take action, so far this year I have not been very productive. I do not know if it has been the change to some what of early spring weather we have been having but I feel very much the need to 'get on'.

Now what has been holding me up, it's this, the mess in my sewing room.

Before I show you the 'before pictures' let me explain. A new and absolutly fantasic shop has opened in our near by town. I went in for a wander and came out after purchasing a fabulous piece of furtniture. Now to make room for this beast meant the dismantling of three large Ikea bookcases and finding somewhere to store all the books,cds etc. And the perfect place happened to be my sewing room. Now then please dont judge me, this is two rooms in one piled high. And i am slowly getting sorted.

The panaramic view-







 How can anyone work in this mess.

Now here's the reason for all the mess. This is a mid 1800's Court dresser in solid oak.


The beautiful beast.

 The middle bottom cupboard.

The top two cupboards.

The top two side cupboards and finials.

The drawers.
And finally the ribbon detail on the two edge bottom cupboards.

I, S.H. and the kids love this. it is so beautiful, delicate, strong and detailed. Over 160 years old and stilll solid. Now all I have to do is move all the books etc into it so I can have my sewing room back.

Early spring clean for me, then lots of sewing and sew-a-alongs to catch up on.

Sew Vala. x 
    

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...