Wednesday 1 June 2011

Fabric Addiction - Stash Busting - the in thing.

Yesterday I came back from a fantasic weekend away spent with my man and his children. While there I can never resist a little stop at the lovely Mr Suman, a little fabric shop in Letchworth Garden City. As usual it doesn't end there I always find new fabric that I must have. On the way back I took a little diversion in St Abans to visit Fashion and Fabrics, I have often seen the small advertisements in the sewing magazines and they were even on TV having a shop window makeover. WOW Iwas amazed. how it it possible to get so much fabric in the shop. Truely an Aladins cave. And such gorgeous fabric too. so as usually out came the check book, (luckly I had it with me as they don't accept cards).

So today when unpacking I realized my immedate fabric area was in dire need of a tidy-up. (I also have fabric stashed many in boxes and cupboards in the conservatory and the kitchen. So after much rearranging, folding and staking this is a small area of the easy to reach to fabric.

  The pile on the left Fashion and Fabrics, the pile on the right Mr Suman. This weekends shopping spree only.


So now my hallway looks like a fabric shop. This is when I realized I may have a problem. Is it a fabric addiction or am I just a horder. My guess is a bit of both.

Also when I bought alot of this fabric I had the perfect project in mind. I have designed two bags, an evening bag and a make up case both using the same frame, only now it looks like I can no longer get any more of this particular frame. I have emailed the company I have previously bought them from and currently waiting egerly for their reply. Watch this space for an update. While I wait I will be working on another design.

While following my usual bloggers I have noticed there is a current trend for stash busting. Is this my solution, maybe? And also to be a little more productive in my makings. But I just cann't resist fabric that makes me 'oh, look thats so pretty' and yeah I am also a sucker for shiny sparkly things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...