Sunday 17 July 2011

Always check your rubber gloves.

This evening I have learnt a valuble lesson. I was dying a dress unfortunaly I didn't realise one of the gloves had a small hole. And now


I have scrubbed and scrubbed, and my right hand still looks like this. In fact it is much darker purple, the flash seems to have lightened the picture.

This is how my left hand looks
I hope this is not perminant. But on the plus side it hasn't caused any skin irritation. The only words I can use to express how I feel apart from feeling foolish would not be allowed in polite conversation. Oh yeah and DOH !

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, I too walk around with blue hands, ha ha my kids got a kick out of mama having alien hands,, I tried lye soap only made the blue more light, shampoo works too, hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found shampoo works the best. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there too, ended up with green hands once (but as I was going to a fancy dress party it didn't matter), also stained my hands to tango tan with turmeric being careless.

    When I wear latex gloves I find they often leak so wear two pairs now. The best gloves I have are the heat proof elbow length rubber gloves (look like heavy duty washing-up gloves) although they are a little inflexible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will be keeping a stock of those as I have been asked to dye some cutains. Thanks for your help ladies. Vala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sew! Glad to hear that your hands have been okay in no time, and with no irritations. :) We all learned our lessons in quite a funny way. I wouldn’t be sharing how my hands turned blue, but I used nail polish remover for my hands. Uh-huh. And it did lighten the shade of the dye. The soap did the rest of the work after that.

    Malinda Chaudhry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...