Monday 11 July 2011

Back to my (sewing) roots

I took a trip down memory lane while creating these little beauties. When I first started sewing it was patchwork that grabbed me. The small pieces of fabric that didn't need much concentration, no patterns, just sew together strips of different colours and textures to create a new piece of fabric. However I soon learnt that once the quilt top had been created next came the momenous task of the actual quiting part. Needless to say I have a very large stack of UFO quilt tops, some actually started but all need to be finished. On Wall hangings I am much better at getting them completed.

Anyway this leads me to my latest sweet-heart make up bags

view 1

view 2

internal view of bag with lovely pink crepe back satin

view 1

view 2 (makes me dream of lemon meringue)

more satin lining.

The outer fabric on both bags is Tilda design.  

Whats your favourite fabric construction ?  Crazy patchwork is another of mine, I think its the randomness and the heavy embelishment that I love especially when it made in deep autumnal colours.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...