Thursday 21 July 2011

A/W 11 fetishism, whats your view.

Yesterday for some reason I bought a fashion magazine. This is an extreme rareity for me. Why, because they bore me. I know what I like, I feel I don't need an expert to tell me whats what. I am the kind of gal who wears what I feel comfortable in. If people think it dont suit me, tough. I have dress days/ jeans days and even if I want and I am home sewing all day then pj days.

So I don't really know anything about designers/labels etc. I picked the magazine up because there was a runway special and I just thought, well why not. I may 'learn' something.

Well it looks like all the big names have all gone 'fetish' . Leather, pvc, handcuffs, the lot. I'm sure we'll all be shopping in sainsburys like that.

What I am actually getting to is shoes, they were big and bold. Now apart from my fabric and vintage machine shopping my other big obsession has got to be shoe shopping. I love them, the higher, the bolder, the better. So this is a bonus for me. I don't know if it's because I am only 4'10'' but I love shoes. Getting the idea.

Well I have been coverting a particular pair for a couple of months now and today I got some
Viv Westwood, Melissa, They are slightly reminisant of kids jelly shoes but deffinatly grown up and to top it off they smell like bubble gum.

While I am in shoe mode I have been collecting Biba shoes for most of this year. Almost up to double figures in Biba alone here are just two I would like to share with you




So anyway back to fetishism, whats your opinion of it crossing into mainstream fashion. For those of us who love corsets and shoes. I think it's cool. But I certainly wouldn't be out and about attaching handcuffs to my handbag. Well not now I am not in my teens anymore. Ah punk, I missed you by 5 years. Ah well New Romantics were slightly out to shock. Teens, baggy jeans and hoodies not that rebelious by far.

2 comments:

  1. I think you and I share the same fetish ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another bonus is my two daughters have bigger feet than me, so they can't borow my shoes and return them sans heel. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...