Wednesday 3 October 2012

The mock up - part two.

My friend was going to wear her dress to a Christening, as things usually go. The Christening turned out to be the day after her Son's wedding. I decided to dye the mock up to see if we could get her another dress.





And after dying it a Royal blue.





We were both happy how lucky we were in that the two duvet covers came out slightly different, creating this double shaded effect. However as we had not planed on dying the fabric earlier the cream thread I had used showed up really clearly and I could not let her use this dress. I would have been really embarrassed over it. So the make up will be taken apart at some time in the future to use as another mock up, because there is an awful lot of fabric there that can be re-used.

It is not much of a post on what I have done but I did want to share how the dress turned out and how two fabrics that look the same dye completely different colours even when dyed at the same time.

Next time I will be sharing some old projects that I have done while I begin my new study schedule.

Love to you all Sew Vala. x   

5 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for supporting my blog and for your lovely comment. I actually use Superdrug's own permanant hair colour in 'Fire Red'. It started out black and I got it profesionally stripped back and dyed red. Since then I've done it myself but unfortunately I have very dark roots coming through now!

    I love the look of your blog. You're very talented. I only wish I could sew a stitch. I'd love to learn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the two tone colour of your hair. I am going to go get some of that 'fire red' tomorrow. I hope mine turns out as good as yours. If you ever want any help with learning to sew, I would help if I can. But I am only a beginner, had some lessons last year, learning as I go and from blogs. x

      Delete
  2. Indeed, I have dyed garments and zippers thread and dye not taken, each part of dye absorbs a different amount depending on the composition of the fabric. Zip and thread are usually of polyester and the fabric does not absorb dye. Looking forward to see your projects ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosy. My old projects are embroderies. That is how I started sewing as I was too afraid of machines. And When I did get my first machine it was for patchwork as dress making seemed so complicated at the time.

      Delete
  3. I love experimenting with the old Dylon! I've dyed a few items of clothing successfully but you have to be prepared for a surprise!
    Shame about the thread on your mock-up because the tonal effect is really nice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...