Sunday 30 September 2012

Make and mend 2012

I have decided to join in on another of NVL projects. Here is the objective,


  • Make two crafts from scrap fabric, (hat, pot holders, table runner, etc.).
  • Rework one garment.
  • Make two wearable items not meant for day wear (i.e. : jim jams, robe, slip, etc.).
  • Embellish one item (i.e. faggoting, pin tucking, embroidery, etc).
  • Make one item (in addition or one of the items above) for someone else.

I am not sure what I am going to do yet but I do have a couple of ideas,

My daughter has wanted one of those hat/scarf things with animal ears. I have bought the fabric but never got around to making it. That was last winter.

Another wall handing, perhaps.

I have wanted to rework my Steampunk Princess dress into somethings else.

jammies and a new dressing gown patterns have been in my stash for a long time. Along with the fabric to make them.

embelish one item- that I will have to think about.

and an item for someone else, I have been asked to make a Hello Kitty inspired hoodie by my friends daughter.

wow it now sounds like a lot to do. I have always hated deadlines but the dress I made for another friend had a deadline can it kind of helped me to keep going.

Now that I am studying again this will help to keep my mind working over and to absorb what I have done and not just keep on at the books.

My first assignment is Medusa and her character.

Love Sew Vala. x 

1 comment:

  1. Great list - I've got a few ideas but a lot going on at home too, see how I get on! Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...