Thursday 18 August 2011

Fabric is only the begining..

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was not a sewing day, too much to do when what I really wanted was to sit and make. So in the small gaps of computer work, (the website is still in a poor state, still trying to figure out what I did to it, and listing new bags on folksy) I did what any girl would do and went internet window shoppping. Checking out all those sites I have heard of but never actually looked at because well I'm sure we all have favourites we know and love but it was time for somewhere new.

And I came across Linton Tweeds. Wow was my first thought £30 a metre, I had heard they are expensive but well worth it, (after all they do make the fabric for Chanel etc.) And low and behold down at the bottom of the page was the specials button and hidden in there was 3 fabric choices reduced to £10 a metre. excellent and they were very cool too. So to fill a basket, and off  to the checkout. 3 metres ordered in a very narrow black and white stripe.

Within 1/2 hour I got several emails from them. 1, order accepted, 2, order processed, 3, order dispached. How cool is that and I didnt pay extra for next day delivery. Anyway I now have 3m of Linton waiting for the perfect pattern. I am thinking a knee length skirt with a waist length, 3/4 sleeve jacket, embellished in black fringe on the bottom of the skirt and black edging around the jacket and on mock pockets. The hunt is on, any sugestions of tried and tested patterns most welcome,

On today's plans I am hoping to go out and get the material for the underskirt for the walkaway dress, enough to make 2, one for my eldest and myself.

Happy sewing from a very wet Wiltshire, England. What's your plans for today ?

Sew Vala. x

2 comments:

  1. Don't cut into that Linton Tweed yet Di - I'll give you some tips on how to prepare it so it lasts a lifetime
    Ruthx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still sitting there waiting, I did pick a pattern out for it. But have cince changed my mind.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...