Wednesday 31 August 2011

Re-Fashion no 2

Evening to everyone, I know it's been such a while since I was last here blogging away.
It's been a busy ole time for most I know, the end of the holidays, school and colleges to resume with all the shopping and organising that takes.

Today I want to share with you a re-fashion I did a few weeks ago. This was a very large ladies shirt from one of my local charity shops. Blue has never really been my colour, but this year I have bought quite a few blue patterned dresses, although I have always been a fan of paisley.

The sleeves were way to long and really wide.

So they were the first thing to be removed.

One of the sleeves I cut in half and rejoined in the middle so that each end was the flaired part of the sleeve edge.
This was then folded in half and seamed all around.
As for the actual body part of the piece. I wanted to keep the tie waist and the extra gathers that the lower part of the shirt would create, so I just took the sides in starting from above the tie part.
 The shirt still inside out showing the arm seaming.
The front of the finished shirt
The back of the finished shirt.
And as for the sleeve, I created this
A simple necktie
Or a hair bow.

I have worn this a few times now and I think its going to be a favourite of mine for a while. I like it very much and I hope you do too.

Happy Sewing Vala. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...