Wednesday 24 August 2011

Fabric/Patterns and excitment in a small village.

Hello all, and welcome to my new followers,

I have been away for a while doing more fabric, pattern shopping and actually starting projects. While at the same time it's summer hols with three teens at home and still preparing for the new roof.

So whats with the news on projects lined up so far,

I have finally chosen my fabric for the walkaway dress sew-a-long with Edelweiss


In the end I decided to go with a day dress, something in cotton. Mainly because I am used to how cotton feels and sews up.

The spots are not as large as they look in the picture.

At the moment I am still bit a tad slighty unsure on what I think about the fabric. My main reasons for chosing it are, It was in my price range (and at 5 metres needed, at £ 3.30m  bargin) Being rather small I didnt want to be overloaded with an all over pattern with all that fabric. My Ideal would have been a pattern for the front central part of the dress and something plain to complement on the wraparound part, However I couldn't find this, If I found a pattern I couldn't find something simple to 'go with' , Hence the polka dots. And if it does perchance look 'off' well at least it's cheaper than calico at the moment so I can use it as my draft.


Also at the end of last week my fabric from Linton Tweeds arrived

(image copyright of Linton Direct)
as of yet I haven't got a pic of the fabric

and so the hunt was on for the perfect pattern to use this fantasic bargin fabric and today I saw my local fabric shop has an offer on Simplicity Patterns and there I found this

 I think view C and D would be just perfect ( it's the jacket and skirt in the lower left picture.)

And as for items currently drapped over Betsy (the dressform). There are two more Loud, Loud Shirts.
One waiting for buttons and holes (I forgot to buy them (Doh) and the other just needs side seams, hem, buttons and holes. Hopefully they will be finished tomorrow.

And before I leave you tonight dear followers here's what counts for excitment in our little village in Wiltshire, Yesterday all was quiet until my daughter screamed 'Mum come look NOW!'  I ran to her and what she wanted to show me was this


We weren't the only people out there taking pictures, (good to know) but they really were so very low. they started to land in the field just in front of our house, then lifted on up and carried on.
It was very cool.



3 comments:

  1. I like the fabric you have chosen very much.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is a day dress? How is it different from a normal dress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I have been eyeing that simplicity pattern and it is on my list to patterns to get this weekend with the holiday sale! And another funny I just pulled out some navy blue fabric with white polka dots to use from my pile to make a shirt (not enough for a dress!).Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. evening,
    Zom- as far as I am aware, (but may be wrong) dresses used to be described in two ways, day- a less formal and pratical dress and evening- much more luxurous fabric used.So the same dress pattern used in different fabric has two uses.

    Thanks Lauren I think the simplicity is a classic my girls may think its 'old fashioned' and I am not really a 'dotty' person but I loved the purple background, and kinda changing my mind about dots.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...