Friday 28 September 2012

And so on to the mock up for the dress. made using a double and a king size quilt from a charity shop.





Both priced at £5.99 each. I took them apart ready to work on.

As my friend has a 2 size different I did not want to cut out the pattern. So I cut around the pieces for the bodice and photocopied them on my printer and taped them together.

First mock up bodice, the bust part fit but the waist did not. Second part of boice we got the waist to fit but it was a tad to big around the top part. On the third mock up I got the correct fitting. So making the skirt part was easy.

The mock up half hemmed.

I have learnt alot from this project.
Lining a dress.
Fitting issues.
Fitting a zip in the side of a dress that fits under the bodice band.
Lapped zip. (this was my third ever zip. the first was in a bag, went well. The second on a skirt, went horribly wrong.)
Attaching a skirt to a bodice. (my other dresses were all one piece, see herehere and here. )

Just I short post as I have started my next course. The dress is now finished I will post more later when I have the photographs sorted.

Happy weekend everyone, Sew Vala. x



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...