Friday 28 September 2012

The black and white dress.

And now we arrive at the dress

The bodice band is hand sewn on to the outside of the bodice.

By adding my little label at this point I was easly able to see the front from the back, as the curved neckline is only ever so slight and the bust darts are hidden under the bodice band..

The front waiting for the skirt to be attached.


The front of the completed dress.

Dress and bolero,




And a little finishing touch, some pretty lace on the linning.
She will be wearing a large fully white underskirt, so as not to have a different shade of white I have used a very delicate shade of blue.


I hope to get a picture of my friend wearing the dress. But yes she loved it. And I am awfully proud of what I can do. So I have decided I needed this push to get way out of my comfort zone to do things with careful acuracy (apart from spelling. of course)

Sew Vala x 

Oh and by the way the pattern was Vogue 2902






6 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done!
    I've just been reading your previous posts about the outfit. I'm sure your friend will look stunning and feel suitably special as well as lucky to have a friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a totally cute outfit. Your work looks perfect too, she's lucky to have you as a friend who could help her out like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jen O. This was my third dress, the other three being different versions of the same pattern.

      Delete
  3. I love what you've done. I am making this dress at the moment too. Hope mime looks as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please share your dress. I made a few mistakes on the mock up, that really is worth doing doing due to the way the bodice is attached to the straps. I hope to make this dress for me one day.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...