Monday 17 September 2012

The black and white bolero.

As my friend is between two sizes I did not cut the pattern out but rather traced it onto the calico. 

First I did a mock up of the bolero. It does not give drape and hangs akwardly but it gave a good idea of which size to use.






And it fitted really well, so there were no alterations needed for this pattern.

It is a very easy pattern I was quite suprised.

Here is the finshed bolero





Although it does not look good on Betsy, it does on a real person. And the back view inside view,


I have placed one of my little handbag labels inside, to give the outfit a handmade and not homemade feel to it. I feel the need to say I know this is a comercial pattern not to be made and sold. I have not made any money from this. I am making it for my friend. The label is there for her and me only.

I am so happy with how this went, that I will be making some for myself sometime in the future.

Next time I will share the mock up of the dress.

Sew Vala. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...