Saturday 3 September 2011

Twinwood Vintage Festival and Loud Shirt no2

Last week we had a fantasic time at Twinwood


If you have never been I would throughly recomend it. It's a whole bank holiday vintage weekend. Details for next years event can be found here
We only managed the afternoon of the last day, but next year we hope to go for all three days.

There were some amasing outfits from all age ranges. The loud shirt no 2 got it's first outing.

  Here is Mr S posing for the camera. I love this fabric, it's very bright purple with the 50's style pin up girls smiling rather sweetly.
 Again I used McCalls 2149. This time I discovered I have an overcasting foot. So the only difference I did to this from Loud shirt no1 is I finished all the seams with this foot.

Here is a close up of the girls


Images copyright of FancyMoon. which is where I purchased the fabric they can be found here .
They have a fanstic range of unusal novelity fabric.

I found an absolute treasure of a find at one of the vintage stalls at Twinwood. A new look style black velvet coat with silk lining. And the bonus was it actually fitted me, all over. Length, around the middle, and arm length. I tried it on and fell in love, I even found a hat to perfectly match the look and style. It didn't occur to me to take a picture of it. But it was so damn beautiful. The down side was they did'nt accept cards. Unfortunally I didn't have that kind of money in my back pocket. damn damn and double damn. On the plus side my girls and Mr S all came away with coats


 The label inside the coat of Mr S, we guess it may be a de-mob coat ?

The label inside my eldest daughters' coat, the date reads 13/11/55. This is made from lovely but very rough and incredibly heavy dark blue wool coat. She plans to make some alterations so the coat can be worn to a cos-play event and go as Captain Jack Harkness from Dr Who/Torchwood.
My youngest daughter got a long dark blue coat for use a cos-play as Dr Who.

All in all a fabulous time was had by all, can't wait for next year. And if I am incredibly lucky they will still have the velvet coat for sale. Ah well dreamin am I. What's the item you wished you had bought but for what ever reason, never did?


Night all, Sew Vala.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...