Tuesday 6 September 2011

Progress on Plain Pattern Project.

I am taking part in the plain pattern project over at new vintage lady. My choice was

Vogue 8146. I have previous made the jacket and never got around to making the dress because I decided the fabric I had chosen was just too boring. However I had already cut out the pattern and dress before I came to feel this dress is DULL.
So I was rather pleased when NVL hosted this sew-along, it would give me reason to finish it and then make it twice more with more interesting fabric and details.

However this was not to be. Yesterday I made the facings and started on the front darts, all was going well even though I realised that since cutting the dress out several months ago I have put on quite a bit of weight. This didn't matter as I knew I wasn't going to be wearing this dress anyway.

And this moring I did the back darts. And the sewed one part of the back to the front and was pinning on the other half back when I suddenly realised my mistake


I had sewn the other half back on to the wrong side of the fabric,
So I ended up with two left half backs. This happened because the fabric has no 'wrong side' and I wasn't paying attention to this when I drew out the darts.
Unfortunally due to the weave of the fabric I am unable to unpick the darts and to be honest I can't really be bothered.

So I think is more Earl Grey, while browsing my patterns and start again. With an all new plain patttern project.

Right then lets put the kettle on..
p.s I know the silly little pictures are not usually my style. But today I just kinda needed them. And I quite liked it, hope you did to.

Sew Vala.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...