Saturday 16 June 2012

Loud shirt no 6

Hello friends,

It has taken me some time but I am finally back. I have had some problems logging into blogger, but between myself and the help from my son, we figured it out. Now I will be able to read what everyone has been up to.

So before I travel around blog land I want to share what I have been doing, but only one thing at a time, muti-tasker I am not.

Onto Loud shirt no 6

This is a close up of the fabric I used, it is very 'busy' which i the following pictures makes it hard to see. I t really does looks better in the 'flesh' so to speak.

I used the same pattern as I have previously done for all other Loud shirts.
McCalls 2149

For my next few shirts I have chosen some different patterns in a similar style.

Back to the sci-fi horror B-movie shirt.
Again no changes to the pattern,
I still have not got the understanding of pattern matching, but the front images are level.
As for the back, like the batman shirt I at least was able to centralise the pattern.

And I made my usual mistake when creating buttonholes,
 While feeding the fabric through I accidently touch the buttonhole arm and so it stopped half way. Luckly this is the top buttonhole, so it will not be used. I did not unpick all the stitches because I thought it would leave too many small holes. I guess by now this should be a trade mark because I do it all the time.

S.H has not seen this shirt all all or the finished Batman one. Hopefuuly next week he will be over, see them and like them.

I now off to read what you have all been making. Now I can log in again I can show you what else I have been up to in the next few days, although really I should be doing my tax returns form.

Happy weekend to you all. Sew Vala. xx

2 comments:

  1. I have wanted to make a skirt out of that fabric. I think a matching purse would be cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely isn't it. I have enough left to maybe make a purse. My daughter also wanted to use some to wrap around a canvas to make a picture. I have alot of the other loud print fabrics left, perhaps we do more, make a wall montage of out them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...