Sunday 17 June 2012

Pikacho Hoodie - part 1






Last year my eldest daughter asked for a Pikacho Hoodie. I went off and bought loads of yellow fleece fabric. And waited until I could find the right pattern to adapt. In the meantime I started collecting images and asked her to send me some as well.

This week I finally got around to starting, I choose this pattern as my basic draft.

Kwik Sew 3250.

This is the first time I had used a kwik sew pattern, and I must say I did like it.
I liked the fact it is paper, this worked great with the fleece. Another first for me, using fleece.

 The fabric all cut out and waiting.

Interfacing the front and back neck facings and the front pocket. Now I did not know weather to use the interfacing with the fleece as that pattern calls for the hoodie to made out of cotton, cotton/linen blends. In the end I decided to use a sew-in medium weight interfacing. And I am glad I did.

Next time I will share the drafting of the ears,

Thank you for viewing friends. Sew Vala. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...