Tuesday 28 June 2011

First steps into the refashion trend.

There's been no blogging from me for the past few days. I have been busy sorting out bussiness stuff, and general life. But I have also been keeping up with the blogs that I follow and I came across a new one the other day that I have found rather intriguing.

Refashion co-op that can be found here .

In case you are not familer with this site, the premise is to take items of clothing and refashion them into something new.

I have been watching and learning and have decided to have a go. With the hope that this will take me out of my comfort zone of bag making and after a few go's of refashioning clothes to start what has been my long term goal of actually making my own clothes.

So at the weekend I went on a charity shop hunt and came away with these items.


A top for £3.50, the botice fits great but the neck piece is far too snug and the zip goes all the way to the top of the collar. Thinking cap is on.


A strapless cotton dress with full underskirt for £8.50. I bought this with the intention of making it into a high waisted boned skirt by following House Of Marmarlade tutoral which can be found here

So far I have cut off the top of the dress and then I changed my mind. I am much more of a dress person, no need to match separates, so off I went pattern shopping for inspiration. I have decided to add a top to the dress/skirt/dress, to give the impression of separates but the simpleness of a dress.

It's a girl's 'thing' to change her mind constantly, thank goodness. I will keep you updated on the progress.

Happy Tuesday to you all.
Sew Vala.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...