Wednesday 22 June 2011

Summer is here but we wouldn't think so. They said June was to be very very dry, but like everyone else I am sure it has rained every single day. Well what is a girl to do when it's wet and horrible outside, for me I do what I always do, internet, blog surf, and shop mixed in with my daily sewing. These are what I have been working on today.


You may reconise the fabric, i have used it previously in a double frame purse.


Made from 1950's fabric in a very bright yellow, my camera has toned it down a tad, it is very very sunshine yellow.


Internal view, I really struggled in deciding what fabric to use inside, as the outside is just so strong. I found this polyester velvet in a deep blue, which I had actually forgotton buying. I have never sewn with anything like this before, I had some trouble with the interfacing but got there in the end. In the end I really like this and may have to make another just for me.


Another tricky one this, I cut this out and then realized I had only 1 more frame to fit this bag but it was in antque gold (as in the yellow bag above) and this purple fabric is covered in sparkly silver flecks. Doh


I felt like a challenge (and not wanting to place any more orders for frames, I have 3 boxes full now ). So began a hunt through the boxes for a similar silver frame. And so began the task of recutting the fabric and a shot of guess work, some time later,


A slightly smaller version of the Baguette bag (oringal pattern by Lisa Lam. )

I also did another bag but as yet it's unframed so that will be uploaded another day.

I have also ordered some cool patterns from the lovely lady at http://what-i-found.blogspot.com/
I can't wait to get working on these and am very excited.

happy Wednesday to you all,  Sew Vala x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...