Thursday 16 June 2011

Two for you, One for me, And the perfect frill by Miss K.

I had a delivery of some new purse frames last week, but I was so busy making sure I had enough bags for my stall last week I didnt want to spend precious time on working on designing a new pattern. It often takes quite a few attempts before I get it to fit the frame. Today was the day to work on the new frame and this is how it turned out, I hope you like it.


The new purse with a gunmetal frame.

And an inside view.


I have this frame in both gunmetal and silver. I decided to use the gunmetal first as I wanted to use this lovely green floral fabric (I think it's a Kath Kidson design, but I am not sure. I buy fabric because I like it not because of the designer.) The lining is pale cream with tiny green crosses. I hope you like this new purse. My daughter said it was just the right size for the frame and big enough to put lots in and still fit into a handbag. And my daughter is my sternest critic, if she didn't like it, she would not be afraid to say so. 

Last week I promoted her to frill manager, (although I haven't actually told her the job isn't real :(
She wanted to have a go and as I was finally making a bag for myself (every bag I make for myself, finds it's way into the shop) I let her. I was making the 'as yet un-named bag' and as this has quite a wide frame it greatly benifits from a frill. A frill adds strengh and width to the top of the bag when it is fitted into the frame. Now I am not usally a frill kinda gal, but i figured this particular frame needs it. Also I am not a massive fan of blue, during my career in shop work, it felt like almost all the uniforms were blue, especially navy. But I have a small amount of this fabric and I adore it. Anyway this is the new un-named bag with the perfect frill by K.

And a close up of K's perfectly placed frill. This was her first ever go as well. I think she did a tremendous job, what do you think?


I you like this fabric I have used it on this bag which is for sale,



As yet I still haven't managed to put any bags on Folksy yet as the lovely Mr S is busy tidying up the backgound on the pics. If you see any bags on here that take your fancy and would like more infomation, please contact me.

Hope you are all having a fab week and ready for an even better weekend.

Vala xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...