Tuesday 14 June 2011

The forever dress - Vogue 8146

Today I was finally felt confident enough to re-attempt the dress.

I didn't get far because sewing time was sparse, this was as far as I got


I cut out the fabric and did the notch sewing. Yep that was it.
I see the productivity of many bloggers and so wish I too could just whip something up.
Ah well this is only my second piece of clothing, baby steps required that and to stop being so unconfident and nervous in this area of sewing.

I think what has put me off in completing this outfit is (and I'm sure I've said this before) I am starting to wonder if I chose the wrong colour fabric, I liked it to begin with it's very close to be picture on the packet (see right- current sewing project) and I thought it looked very elegant, I think this my be a common beginners mistake. Now I'm not so sure, I was chatting with my daughter (20 today Happy Birthday Babe xx) on my feeling about this and she said it was a good choice 'classic' was her words. Well this spared me on and there we have it finally on the sewing table. Hopefully tomorrow more progress but a tad of research on darts is required with copius amounts of Earl Grey.

Update on the organza flowers, my daughter was the first to give it a go, she did very well and managed to make half a flower before burning her finger, well done, I would have burnt mine on the first petal if my past record is anything to go by.

Happy sewing, Vala x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...