Tuesday 21 June 2011

Previous makes, part 1

I thought for a change I would show case some of my previous works, many pics are lost due to the red wine, laptop inicdent of New Year 2010/11. So I dont have them all, as some were gifts and others were orders for customers,



 This is a design you may see crop up often, I do enjoy making these. This particular one was a present for my Mother. It is a lap quilt approximatly 1 metre square, made in mock cathedral window patchwork. The plain background is just calico, i like using this because of its sturdy texture and the flocks of beige cotton.


  



The small central piceces are a vintage fabric I bought cicra early 1990's and even then I could tell it was old. I bought a bag of offcuts from a charity shop and these were part of it. the outline quilting is a verigated thread, it does not show up very well in the photographs but was actually quite effective.


My Mother was pleased with her quilt (she would most certainly have told me if she didn't like it, not in a horrible way, but she knows I'd would rather give her something she would enjoy than something that wasn't her style.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...